Monday, February 4, 2013

Day 35 - That's What Makes This Beautiful

In the sometimes ancient world of my sweater collection, this particular sweater would have to be considered a newborn.  In fact, in many ways, it is a "preemie" as it hails from the Boden Spring collection.  Nevertheless, I tried it on (a feat as rare for me as, ahem, sending my sweaters to the dry cleaners) and, well, spoiler alert, fell in love with it instantly.


Nothing makes me pull out the credit card faster than the combination of "coral" and "vintage inspired knit."


It's hard to see here, but there is actually metallic gold thread in this pattern.  Brilliant!


Different pattern on the sleeves? Thank you, Boden!




This sweater has a great thick knit that is somewhat rare in cotton sweaters, and fits in a perfectly oversized fashion.  I love the semi-boatneck, and there is such a cool metallic gold thread that runs through the knit.  While I'm not exactly sure what "Hotchpotch Jumper" means, I'm certain that, in England from whence Boden originates, it is a positive thing. I love the color combination of the coral and khaki, and the sleeves being a different pattern is such a fun feature.  I don't really see how this is vintage, but, as someone who loves being "retro" without having to actually dig through the piles at a thrift shop, I will take their word for it.  The only problem I see with this sweater will be keeping myself from buying it in the other two colors that are offered (I mean, I don't have any cute yellowish-gold or blue and aqua sweaters).  Wouldn't it make more sense for a "preemie" to have a sibling? I'll check back in with all of you once the spring sweaters (I mean "jumpers") go on sale in May.

Cute and fun...and oh-so-hotchpotch (I think).

My rating:  One Direction. Adorable, fun, (and British), they seem to have everything going for them (catchy music, great color schemes, awesome hair). While time will tell if their career can last past the screaming teenagers phase, (and who knows how this metallic thread will weather the dry cleaners), I will certainly enjoy their music now and "Live While We're Young."












No comments:

Post a Comment