Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Day 13-- The Acrylic Jungle


Re-entry is tough.  Having spent the last 10 days in bright sunlight and equally bright knits, I am now forced to face January in the Midwest.  And when you choose to name your blog "100 Days of Sweaters," and then realize that you are only on day 13, you get a small glimpse of what it must have been like for Bill Murray's character in Groundhog Day (at least I don't have to start everyday with "I've Got You, Babe" on the radio, so there's that). 87 sweaters left to analyze?? Sadly, I'll probably still need to wear a sweater in May...

In honor of my post-vacation malaise, I decided to select the least cheerful sweater that I could think of. What could be less fun than tossing on a camouflage colored turtleneck on a cold winter's morning?  I would question what I was thinking when I made said purchase, but, apparently, I liked it enough that I got another one in light blue.  And, since this sweater is from Old Navy (circa 2001), I'm guessing that even they would be surprised that I still had it (in their ideal world, their clothes would self-destruct after one season.  They aren't meant to end up in a hope chest somewhere).  I believe that, on one of my more stylish days, I sported this sweater with my camou Steve Madden platform tennis shoes.  I guess I was really trying to blend in.








Oh, I'm so covert






So, I suppose if one is trapped in a particularly chilly jungle, a camouflage-hued turtleneck is a wise idea.  But, barring that unlikely occurrence (I don't camp), there's not a whole lot of benefit to this little (50%) acrylic wonder.  It's too short (natch), has a lot of (to use a technical term), "fuzzies" coming off it, and, well, it's kind of ugly.  And although his light blue brethren is bit more attractive, it's not by much and looks aren't everything.My rating: Stephen Dorff.  While there's a certain bad boy quality to this camouflaged wonder, the costs (numerous bar fights, constantly having to pull the sweater down) far outweigh any benefits he may have as an actor.  And now that he's doing those smug commercials for the smokeless cigarette, I think even he realizes that he can no longer coast on the appeal of this chunky blue yarn or his appearances in those mid-90s Aerosmith videos. Too bad--there was some talent there.Add 2 more sweaters to the body count--thank you, Stephen, for making this one easy.                        

No comments:

Post a Comment