Thursday, January 10, 2013

Day 15--Always a Bridesmaid...

Every time I try to get away from this sweater, something keeps pulling me back in.  At this point, it's pretty well-established that I enjoy a good snowflake print, and when it's coupled with a stripe on the sleeve (albeit a horizontal one), well it's "Just Like Heaven." Which, coincidentally, is the name of the 2005 rom com with Reese Witherspoon (or is that redundant?) that I saw this sweater in...some 6 years after I bought it. So there must be something stylish about this sweater that has "Gap Holiday 1999" on its tag...because I don't think that the character wearing it in the movie was playing a crazy cat lady or anything. Any sweater that's good enough to be worn in a movie just can't be left on the editing floor.

In case you're wondering, the color is more kelly green than it appears here.





Okay, fine.  You can stay around a little bit longer...and not just because you're a big Hollywood star or anything. This kelly green wonder fits quite nicely and has a professional (when you work in the winter sports field, that is.  I don't think it would fare so well in an accounting firm) look to it.  It is soft, kept me warm, and was just long enough.  Not a glowing review (much like the film it is featured in), but enough that I might make a repeat viewing of it in the near future.

My rating: Bill Pullman.  Yes, the eternal second fiddle.  The guy that doesn't get the girl in pretty much every 90s romantic comedy (see Sleepless in Seattle, While You Were Sleeping, etc....except for Mr. Wrong--an underrated gem--which features Ellen DeGeneres, so draw your own conclusions there).  It's nice looking, gets the job done, yet never gets the credit it deserves.  And although Mr. Pullman is playing the President in a new sitcom on NBC this winter, I'm sure that he will somehow find a way to be the second banana in that show as well.  Too bad, this is a cute little sweater...but I'll probably still wear its shorter, itchier brethren instead of him. At least he got the girl this time. Temporarily, that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment